NEW REPORT DELIVERS COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW OF GLOBAL CBD SUPPLY SECTOR
CBD is a vast and complex subject area that touches on all aspects of the cannabis market – medical, pharmaceutical, recreational and packaged consumer products.
Within this report, Prohibition Partners examines legislation, cultivation, extraction, production, finance and retail across the global CBD industry.
Moving away from the fragmented structure that has characterised the industry, we document the rise of vertical integration and the emergence of regulation.
CBD: A Supply Overview is available now for free download.
- European Parliament raises THC limit for industrial hemp to 0.3%.
- Isle of Man starts consulting on a regulatory framework for cannabis products for export.
- Italy’s Ministry of Health suspends CBD’s classification as a narcotic decree.
- The ANSM publishes the distribution plan for French patients.
- German MPs debate cannabis legalisation in the Bundestag.
- Cross-party MPs in the UK support medicinal cannabis use for epileptic children.
- Medical cannabis company Univo Pharmaceuticals agrees to a UK distribution deal.
CANNABIS EUROPA RETURNS TO PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
Cannabis Europa makes a timely return to Prohibition Partners LIVE next month.
Between 17-20 November, European business leaders & policymakers will converge virtually to help shape the future of cannabis.
Tickets (£145 / €160) include four-day event access.
- New Jersey lawmaker states adult-use cannabis sales could begin shortly after approval.
- New poll finds 54% of Montana voters support adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- Kansas poll finds that 69% of residents support adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- Over 60% of New York voters support cannabis legalisation according to a new poll.
- South Dakota poll finds voters support medical and adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- New Jersey lawmakers advance insurance benefits bill for medical cannabis patients.
- US multi-state operator Harvest Health raises CA$46 million in stock offering.
- Detroit announces adult-use cannabis ordinance and social equity provisions.
- New York publishes rules for selling hemp extracts in food and beverages.
Canopy Growth receives cultivation licence for Newfoundland and Labrador facility.
Cannabis beverage companies struggle to produce products profitably.
Farm Credit Canada’s cannabis lending reaches CA$140 million.
Aurora Cannabis: The 11,800% gain no one saw coming.
Cannabis use among Canadian teenagers cuts in half two years after legalisation.
Organigram invests CA$2.5 million in biosynthetically-derived cannabinoid company.
Canadian study finds medical cannabis decreases the frequency of alcohol consumption.
Latam & Caribbean
New decree in Uruguay grants customs warehouses authority to store medicinal cannabis.
Bahamas Economic Recovery Committee recommends cannabis legalisation.
Peruvian doctors to be trained in medical cannabis for neurological disorders.
Dominica parliament passes the cannabis decriminalisation bill.
Argentina presents new law promoting self-cultivation of medicinal cannabis.
Jamaican lawmaker calls for greater collaboration in cannabis across the region.
Panama’s Ministry of Health evaluates the use of medical cannabis.
Africa & Middle East
Israel updates THC testing and labelling procedures of medical cannabis products.
Cannabis legalisation in Nigeria could have an immense impact on the economy.
Israel updates medical cannabis production procedures to EU-GMP standards.
Police in Israel are granted access to the database of medical cannabis patients.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
The Pharmaceutical Cannabis Report is released by Prohibition Partners, France begins looking for cannabis suppliers...