- German medical cannabis sales remain stable in H1 2020.
- Scientists at Warsaw Zoo plan to test CBD on elephants to monitor their cortisol levels.
- Raid on a family hemp farm in Sweden reflects the government’s regressive approach.
- Clever Leaves receives licence to cultivate and trade medical cannabis in Portugal.
- Mile High Labs enters a branded CBD distribution deal with UK’s Nisa Retail
- French consortium warns of repercussions if CBD is classified as a narcotic.
Over 150+ pages, THE IMPACT SERIES: Disrupting Food analyses exclusive consumer data from over 15,000 adults across seven international markets and dissects international regulations and markets to help businesses, brands and investors to understand the future of the cannabis food market. Get your copy of Disrupting Food, now.
- Traditional VC firms look to cash in on cannabis tech.
- The CCC and ATACH join forces to support North American cannabis companies.
- Arizona announces adult-use cannabis initiative will appear on the November ballot.
- Online drug market Empire has disappeared with users’ funds.
- Pennsylvania governor urges state to legalise adult-use cannabis.
- Nebraska medical cannabis initiative collects enough signatures for November ballot
- Florida’s medical cannabis industry receives permission to sell edible products.
Latam & Caribbean
- Paraguayan congress approves decriminalisation law for medical cannabis.
- Brazil publishes draft regulatory laws for the medical cannabis industry.
- Jamaica reports US$1.3 million in B2B cannabis trade as issued licence increase.
- Argentina assigns UNL to provide quality assurances for medical cannabis products
- Uruguay plans to export 50–60 tonnes of hemp by the end of 2020.
- Former NZ PM Helen Clark appointed chair of the Global Commission on Drug Policy.
- Thai subcommittee announces medical cannabis as an economic crop for export.
- BOD Australia reports a 350% year-over-year revenue growth in FY 2020.
- Medical Kiwi signs a NZ$90 million medical cannabis supply deal with Hektares
- Sustainable Foods plans a 2021 launch for its hemp-based meat analogues.
Cannabis authorisations surge in Brazil as patient numbers reach 20,000. Individual patient authorisations to import cannabis products into Brazil continue to surge, as shown by the most recent data provided by Brazilian health regulator ANVISA to Prohibition Partners.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...