- Will cannabis help in the fight against COVID-19? Prohibition Partners dive deeper.
- US cannabis companies outperform Canada in Q2 2020 earnings.
- Federal court denies DEA’s request to dismiss cannabis rescheduling case.
- Canada is accused of protectionism by blocking cannabis imports, as exports rise.
- Cansativa receives four-year contract for German-produced medical cannabis.
- UK family seeks judicial review of NHS guidelines for the prescription of cannabis oil.
- EMMAC secures GDP licence for the distribution of medicinal cannabis in Switzerland.
- The French National Medicines Agency plans to authorise hemp flowers and leaves.
- Shareholders of Sativa Group vote in favour of Stillcanna acquisition.
- Tilray is recalling its cannabis extract again in Germany.
- Different interpretations of tax law in Poland give competitive advantage.
The Impact Series: Disrupting Drinks details the result of Prohibition Partners’ unique consumer research polling, covering over 15,000 adults across seven-country markets evaluating usage, purchase and attitudes towards cannabinoid-based products.
Our analysis also includes an investigation into the latest developments across global regulations and legislation, providing clarity for investors, operators and market entrants.
- Money managers are investing in cannabis stocks ahead of US elections.
- State treasurers seek cannabis banking reform in next COVID-19 relief package.
- Texas judge temporarily lifts the ban on selling smokable hemp products.
- Maine will commence retail sales of adult-use cannabis on 9 October.
- Vermont lawmakers announce they are finalising a bill to legalise cannabis sales.
- Top law-enforcement officials publicly urge Congress to decriminalise cannabis.
- Dutchie, a cannabis e-commerce platform, completes Series B funding round.
- Florida-based REIT raises US$80 million in capital to lend to cannabis operators.
- Curaleaf reports an increase of 22% in total revenue in Q2 2020 results.
- Canadian inventory of cannabis edibles and beverages dramatically outpaces sales.
- Aphria plans to acquire non-cannabis US brands to build out cannabis capabilities.
- Canadian cannabis companies tackle illicit markets with competitive prices.
- Avicanna reports an increase of 172% in revenue in Q2 2020 results.
- Adastra announces supply agreement of cannabis biomass with Pure Sunfarms.
Latam & Caribbean
- Mexico’s president maintains there will be legal reform for the regulation of cannabis.
- Cplant seeks to raise US$10 million to fund cannabis retail expansion.
- Uruguay’s cannabis companies estimate medical exports will reach US$1 billion.
- Argentina’s federal court no longer considers cannabis as a narcotic.
- New Zealand delays general election and cannabis referendum by a month.
- Rua Bioscience get commercial licence for cannabis-derived medicines & plans IPO.
- MediPharm receives licence to manufacture API derived from cannabis in Australia.
- Cannatrek receives medical cannabis shipment from Clever Leaves.
- MGC Pharmaceuticals releases results for treatment of COVID-19.
- Cann Group share purchase plan (SSP) oversubscribed by $10m.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
The link between COVID-19 and cannabis may seem tenuous, but what if there is a serious potential for the plant to become a global solution? Read the full analysis from Prohibition Partners, here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...