- Germany imports 4,126 kg of medical cannabis during the first half of 2020.
- Argentina announces plans to broaden medical cannabis scheme.
- 149 growers submit applications for the Dutch adult- use cannabis experiment.
- WHO cannabis recommendations face UN opposition in a recent meeting.
- US House of Representatives adds protections for state-legal cannabis programmes.
- EMMAC’s Medalchemy secures licence for the cultivation of medical cannabis in Spain.
- The first person in Scotland is prescribed medical cannabis through Project 21.
- Project C aims to raise €5 million in its first public offering to the Dutch public.
- Isle of Man medicinal cannabis project enters final review.
Newly published data released from Germany has revealed that medical cannabis imports increased by 16% in Q1 and a further 32% in Q2 of 2020, highlighting a major increase in demand.
Learn more about the data in the latest cannabis industry analysis from Prohibition Partners.
- The DNC’s policy includes cannabis decriminalisation but rejects full federal legalisation.
- The US Senate excludes protections for cannabis banks in COVID-19 relief legislation.
- US cannabis employment has the potential to reach 295,000 by the end of 2020.
- The White House discusses FDA’s CBD enforcement with US hemp groups.
- New Jersey cannabis companies invest in infrastructure ahead of recreational vote.
- Illinois delays licence for adult-use cannabis due to COVID-19 setbacks.
- Red White & Bloom Brands signs LOI to acquire Platinum Vape for in California entrance.
Latam & Caribbean
- Australia completes first hemp seed export to New Zealand as trade regulations ease.
- Elixinol signs distribution agreement to sell CBD products in Australia.
- Hong Kong opens its first CBD cafe and shop in Sheung Wan.
- Thailand approves 17 cannabis-based medicines for selected Thai hospitals.
- MGC receives Australian import licences for schedule 4 & 8 medical cannabis products.
Health & Science
- New evidence suggests that CBD may help treat lung inflammation caused by COVID-19.
- Lab tests show that CBD-enriched forms of cannabis can kill or inhibit cancer cells.
- Meta-study suggests CBD has therapeutic potential in treating cocaine dependence.
- Study suggests cannabis has potential to treat pain associated with sickle cell disease.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...