- The Netherlands to begin accepting cultivation applications from next month.
- French cannabis startup raises US$1.13 million to launch two new brands.
- The Netherlands appears to be limiting exports to German wholesalers.
- Deadline to apply for German cannabis distribution contract extended for a third time.
- Calls for cannabis legalisation in Spain as post-COVID recession nears.
- First Irish-based cannabis fund launches in Dublin.
THE DISRUPTING DRINKS REPORT
The Disrupting Drinks report
- Columbia Care sued for US$50 million over alleged fraudulent licensing scheme.
- Iowa Senate passes controversial medical cannabis bill reducing allowable THC content.
- Acreage Holdings pulls out of Iowa medical cannabis market.
- Nebraska cannabis legalisation campaign delivers nearly 50,000 petition signatures.
- Multiplatinum artist Kelis to present at Prohibition Partners LIVE.
- Canadian businesses exported a record amount of dried cannabis in 2019.
- Organigram enters 3,000-kilo cannabis supply agreement with Israeli firm Canndoc.
- New lawsuit alleges Tilray execs misled investors and engaged in insider stock sales.
- Labelling errors see Alberta issue Canada’s first cannabis beverage recall.
- Bonify resumes selling cannabis in Canada after licence suspension.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
This is not another webinar! Prohibition Partners LIVE grants you unparalleled access to the global cannabis industry, connecting you with the most influential network in the industry. Grow your business, build your profile and shape the future of cannabis.
One single ticket gives you access to five virtual stages, thousands of expert delegates and over 120 hours of insights. All for $129 (£102).
Latam & Caribbean
- NSW data shows indigenous people disproportionately prosecuted for cannabis.
- NZ advertising authority receives complaints over Drug Foundations’ referendum adverts.
- Auckland University of Technology will offer a course on medicinal cannabis from July.
- Medical cannabis firm Equalis endorses voting ‘no’ in upcoming cannabis referendum.
Africa & Middle East
- Israeli government announces plan to advance cannabis legalisation reforms.
- Malawian firms are still awaiting implementation of new cannabis farming laws.
- Wuhan General Group signs distribution agreement with Medigrow Africa.
- Panaxia Israel announces receipt of EU-GMP certification, advancing EU export efforts.
- Potential of psychedelics in treating depression cannot be ignored, says top professor.
- Terminally ill Canadians appeal to the health minister for compassionate psilocybin use.
- Numinus amends Health Canada licence to produce and extract psilocybin.
- Mydecine Innovations Group to acquire NeuroPharm Inc.
- Cambridge scientists identify brain phenomena that may explain ketamine side effects.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...