- Artemis Growth Partners acquires UK cannabis producer Bridge Farm for US$81 million.
- Lockdown measures are fuelling unprecedented cannabis sales.
- Albania prepares draft law to legalise medical cannabis.
- France’s blanket ban on hemp-derived CBD products contradicts EU laws.
- Hemp and CBG: What will the 2020 consumer look like?
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
The Prohibition Partners LIVE trailer is here. Experience two days of live-streamed debate and targeted virtual networking, without the risk of travel.Join industry leaders from the world’s of politics, business and science to debate, network and learn, for as little as US$119 (£95).
- Czech government announces new licensing system and plans for export.
- The UK’s medical cannabis market shows little growth in early 2020.
- Materia acquires licensed German importer and distributor Cannaktiv.
- XPhyto Therapeutics partners with German brewery for cannabis-infused beverages.
- Terrace Global signs deal with Flowr Corporation to develop Portuguese grow site.
Cannabigerol (CBG) is a rising star within the hemp industry, tipped to follow in the footsteps of CBD as the next non-psychoactive cannabinoid to dominate the low-THC consumer market. We speak to industry leaders, Avicanna and American Hempseed, to understand what is CBG and how it’s set to disrupt the hemp market.
- Canada’s mental health commission is seeking cannabis-related research proposals.
- Work suspended at Ontario greenhouse after worker tests positive for COVID-19.
- Aurora Cannabis confirms share consolidation will be effective from 11 May.
- Tilray stock drops after reporting ‘worse than expected’ Q1 losses.
- NCIA calls for DEA to stop overseeing the cannabis research application process.
- House legislators add cannabis banking provision in new coronavirus relief bill.
- Michigan sees largest-ever week for recreational cannabis sales.
- Montana hemp farmers establish funding for research and education.
- Maryland medical cannabis sales and patient numbers increase despite COVID-19.
- A California proposal to legalise hemp extracts in food has been delayed until August.
- MindMed advances Phase 2 LSD microdosing trial for adult ADHD.
- Washington DC activists mail 10,000 decriminalisation petitions to local residents.
- Champignon Brands acquires Californian ketamine infusion treatment centre.
- Two Oregon decriminalisation campaigns work together to boost signature count.
- Activists mark the 1-year anniversary of Denver’s decriminalisation of psilocybin.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...