- Paris councillors to debate legalisation of recreational cannabis.
- Czech insurers could cover up to 90% of medical cannabis prescriptions.
- Domestic cultivators set to benefit from Irish medical cannabis programme.
- Spanish cannabis industry could create 90,000 jobs.
- UK think tank suggests that legalising adult-use cannabis will cut crime.
- The sale of insured medical cannabis products in Germany continues to increase.
- Irish politician is deeply frustrated by medical cannabis campaign.
- New Zealand government not considering THC limit for medical cannabis products.
- New Zealand doctors urged to ‘better inform themselves’ on medicinal cannabis.
- THC Global Group receives its second medicinal cannabis manufacturing licence.
- New Zealand patients feel let down by the government’s medicinal cannabis model.
- Thai political party looking to take advantage of US$8.5 billion Asian cannabis market.
- Medical cannabis prescriptions set to start next month in Thailand.
- Philippines’ war on drugs is jeopardising patient access to medical cannabis.
- Due to insufficient research, legalisation of cannabis oils in Thailand hits a wall.
- Hong Kong-based Yooya developing CBD e-commerce platform.
Rest of the World
- Israeli college to offer a specialised course in medicinal cannabis.
- Hawaii decriminalises cannabis and eases strict cannabis legislation.
- Missouri receives over 500 applications to sell medicinal cannabis.
- Canadian patients still struggle with medical cannabis access and financial aid.
- CannTrust facing product delays due to lack of compliance.
- Tikun Olam announces the launch of ‘Tikun Hemp’.
- Rapper Jay-Z joins Caliva as chief brand strategist.
Health & Science
- Legalisation of cannabis associated with lower use by teenagers.
- Michigan scientist develops pill that reduces psychoactive effects of cannabis.
- Medicinal cannabis shown to significantly reduce pain in patients with fibromyalgia.
- Researchers analyse cannabis dosages for treating children with epilepsy.
- Using cannabis during pregnancy significantly increases the chances of premature birth.
- Researchers receive US$1.7 million to study how cannabis affects obesity.
MPs have said that the UK government is failing medical cannabis, calling for a full inquiry into the weak policy that has stymied progress in the UK.
Prohibition Partners helps brands position themselves as thought-leaders. If you’re interested in marketing your brand to the key decision-makers in the international cannabis industry, contact us today to discuss opportunities.
European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition, the most in-depth report on the European market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth up to €123 billion by 2028.
Cannabis Europa is crossing the Atlantic this November, bringing European expertise, knowledge and networks to the largest cannabis market in the world, North America.
In 2020, Cannabis Europa will arrive in Madrid against a backdrop of European regulatory change to help push for federal reform in the Spanish capital, before returning home for the third Cannabis Europa London next spring.
European Cannabis Week
After an inspiring programme of talks, networking and cultural events, we’d like to thank all of the partners, sponsors and attendees of the inaugural European Cannabis Week. Check out the event gallery to see the highlights of all the events that took place over the week.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...